BDO Pay Scale Salary Allowance Perks Pay Matrix After 7th Pay Commission
Block Development Officers are the supervisors of the rural area developments. BDOs are being appointed to take the responsibility of the taxation process, salary of the employees a panchayet and other district level employees, rural or district development, implementation of the schemes in the rural areas, record maintenance and much more in any district. Candidates are required to seat for an entrance examination to become a Block Development Officer. Any graduate student or appeared for final year graduation from any stream can seat for the entrance examination for the post of block development officer. In this article the pay scale of a BDO will be discussed in brief.
BDO Pay Scale
Block Development Officers are recruited in different states. The pay scale for each officer is different in different cities or locations. Mostly BDOs recruited in hardship areas are paid little extra than the BDOs placed in comparatively normal areas.
- The minimum pay scale starts from Rs. 9300/- for the BDO in district level. The highest pay scale for a BDO can go up to Rs. 34, 800/- per month excluding grade pay and perks.
- The high amount of pay scale is made to the experienced officers. The fresher officers on the other get paid much lower than Rs. 34, 800/-. On an average a BDO gets salary of Rs. 10, 790/- to Rs. 18, 000/- per month.
BDO State wise Salary
As mentioned that Block Development Officers get paid differently in different states. Though the pay band is same for all the officers i.e. PB 2. The salary revolves around Rs. 9300/- to Rs. 34800/-. The Grade Pay and the paid salary are quite different in different states. The state wise salary of the BDO is as follows:
|Sl. No.||State||Pay scale / Salary||Grade Pay|
|1.||Assam||Rs. 8000/- to Rs. 35000/-||Rs. 4700/-|
|2.||Uttar Pradesh||Rs. 9300/- to Rs. 34800/-||Rs. 4600/-|
|3.||Madhya Pradesh||Rs. 9300/- to Rs. 34800/-||Rs. 3600/-|
|4.||West Bengal||Rs. 9000/- to Rs. 40500/-||Rs. 4700/-|
BDO Perks and Allowances
- DA: Dearness allowances are being paid to the BDOs as per the 7th pay commission report. The 113% of the basic pay of the officers are being paid as DA.
- HRA: House Rent Allowances are another fixed allowances that are paid to the BDOs of any level.
- MA: Medical allowances are also an important part of the allowances and perks paid to the BDOs.
- Pension: after retirement BDOs get pension and other facilities.
- Other perks: vehicle, phone bills, quarters, education allowances are being paid to the BDOs in different states.
- Hardship allowances: BDOs are being paid hardship allowances as well.
- UPTET Pay Scale Salary Matrix After 7th pay Commission
- Lekhpal Salary Pay Scale Matrix Allowance After 7th Pay Commission