Table of Contents
Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana | Saubhagya Yojana to Provide Electricity to All
Saubhagya Yojana is the scheme by central government under which all the villagers will get electricity round the clock. Pradhan Mantri Shri Narendra Modi will launch the scheme in the month of September and will start operating by the end of this year.
The scheme will be officially launched on 25 Sep 17. On the occasion of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay’s birthday, PM Mr. Modi has launched the scheme officially. As mentioned the scheme will provide electricity round the clock to the all the homes in villages and rural areas across the nation. The implementation will start from the end of this year, sometime in December.
Key Features Of the Saubhagya Yojana
- Scheme: As mentioned the scheme will help the villagers to have electricity connection at their houses where no connection has reached yet. To avail such connection the government will provide subsidy as well.
- Objective: The main objective includes 24/7 electricity in rural and backward areas as well as improving standard of living and technology in such areas across the nation.
- Benefit: With this scheme villages will get electricity throughout the day. It will bring more technology in the rural areas and backward areas. It will also encourage ‘digital India’ in a much better way. The scheme is very progressive for the underdeveloped areas in the country.
- Target: According to Modi, by 2019, all the villages that don’t have electricity at all will get 24/7 electricity. Also as per the promise made back in 2015 of providing electricity to 18,000 villages in 1000-days have witnessed success much before the 1000-days deadline.
Implementation Process Of Saubhagya Electricity Yojana
- Despite being the central-led scheme it will be implemented state-wise. All the states are asked to start over programs that will generate electricity. Also the states will have to set up systems to provide electricity connections to the no-electricity zones.
- The guidelines for the consumption of power will be changed. Though no official statement has come yet about what changes will be done, but as per the reports, there will be much stricter rules this time. There will be restriction in consumption in power.
- Central as well as state authority has declared about the clean electricity. The authority has said there will be strict rules for the thermal power sector and also in the other sectors so that there will not create any mess.
- Bidding will start from 20, 000 MW for the wind as well as solar energy projects. This rules and guidelines must be implemented by the month of December this year.
- Central government is planning to shift from conventional energy to wind and solar energy projects in a large part of the nation. This will bring down the cost of power generation in both these sectors. Unlike earlier time the central government is hopeful this will stop these two sectors to turn into non-performing assets.
- The scheme will start implementing from December 2017 and the central government has target of December 2019 for finishing the projects. By the end of 2019, the power generation and connection shall be started in all the areas.
Subsidy Provided Under the Scheme
Along with providing electricity in the rural areas, the scheme will also provide subsidies to the village households. However no official statement has been out yet about how much subsidy will be provided and how people can receive the subsidised products.
It has been stated that the authority will provide subsidies on the products that are required to get the electricity connection. Products like meter, wire, transformers and such will be available for the villagers at much lower price than normal market price.
The scheme hasn’t officially launched yet, so not much information regarding the same has come out yet. However the basic features of the scheme looks much promising for the betterment of the rural people.