File consumer complaints online in Delhi; state govt launches online portal
Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal has started an online system to file consumer complaints. The main objective behind the launch is to help consumers lodge complaints from the comfort of home. This initiative shall bring immense benefits in this time of the pandemic. Let us take you through other details of the initiative in the following part of the article.
What is the need for an online consumer complaint process?
- The main objective of such an initiate by Delhi CM is to offer better facilities of e-filing for consumer complaints.
- At this time of the pandemic, it shall help the consumer file from their home’s comfort.
- The Consumer Affairs Minister Imran Hussain along with Consumer Affairs Department officials together inaugurated the complaint lodging system
- The initiative shall help ten residents of the state lodge grievances to the respective to the department with ease and expect a quick solution for the same
- Delhi will be the first state to take this initiative, considering it a milestone in development in the common interest.
- There are a total of 7000 consumer cases under state commission and almost more than 8000 cases under district court that are yet to be addressed and solved
With the successful launch of such imitative, it is sure to encourage other states to start with such an e-filing process for the residents.
How to file a consumer complaint online?
A 24X7 helpline government website has been launched to help the residents of the state lodge complaints and get a suitable solution for the same. For this, they have to visit the government’s official website and give details of the complaint. Due to the pandemic’s growing worries, the state government is trying to make the consumer get a suitable solution for their problems. However, they can approach the grievance from the comfort of their home.
Other than this initiative from the state government, the RTI portal and the corona application have also been launched. The main objective of these is to help the state’s residents check for the availability of hospital beds and get a solution for the complaints. For this, they do not have to visit any official center or government office at the time of the pandemic. However, they can opt for the same from the comfort of their home. So, the state government officials are trying their best to settle down the common people’s disputes through the government portals launched.