Table of Contents
High Altitude Allowance Rules For Indian Army & ITBP
Under 7th Pay Commission
High Altitude Allowance is an allowance which is given to the army forces operating in the High Altitude areas. The army officers working in the high attitude areas have to face a lot of hardship and thus this allowance is very important to them.
What is High Altitude Allowance?
High altitude allowance is a special and fixed kind of allowance which is given to the army forces. This allowance is given in addition to their salary to motivate them. This is an allowance related to risk and hardship. Mainly it is given to the Defence and CAPF personnel who risk their life in the high altitude areas.
Height Rules of High Altitude Allowance
All of the Defence and CAPF personnel don’t get the same amount of allowance. All the personnel don’t work in the same high altitude area. The heights are divided into three parts and they are called: CAT-I Areas, CAT-II Areas and CAT-III Areas.
- CAT-I areas encompass areas between heights of 9,000 ft. to 15, 000 ft. and it also includes unfriendly areas under 9,000 ft.
- CAT-II areas encompass areas which are above 15, 000 ft.
- CAT-III areas encompass areas which have special uncongenial climate and these are certain specified areas.
These, height rules are followed while giving allowance.
High Altitude Allowance for Indian Army
The Indian Army grants various types of allowances to its soldiers and high altitude allowance is one of them and it is given in addition to their salary. Below there is a table to showcase the variation of the allowance according to the ranks of the army personnel and the areas they work on.
|Lieutenant Col. & above
High Altitude Allowance for ITBP
The high altitude allowance for ITBP offers that the existing practice where the ITBP officers are posted in the outposts where they have to stay for 6 months at heights up to 18, 000 feet will be changed. The ITBP officers will not have to be in one of those outposts for more than three months.
High Altitude Allowance in 7th Pay Commission
The high altitude allowance for the army officers have increased under the 7th Pay Commission. The Junior Officers will be benefitted more compared to the senior officers according to the 7th Pay Commission.
Other Articles :
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service Pay Scale | IOFS Grade Pay | IOFS Salary | IOFS Allowance & Perks After 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission For Postman / Mail Guard, Post Master Pay Scale,Grade Pay,Salary,Allowance,Perks