Table of Contents
CM Manohar Lal Khattar announces higher financial limit (monthly Wages) for approving works in urban local bodies Haryana
The Chief Minister of Haryana has increased the financial limits for working approvals in Urban Local Bodies. That means, now higher financial limits will be available for any developmental works that will take place in Urban Local Bodies in the state of Haryana.
On Thursday, 5th of April 2018, the Chief Minister of Haryana, Manohar Lal Khattar has made an announcement about the higher financial limits. He was attending the review meeting of Urban Local Bodies’ development process and work progress when he made that announcement.
- Objective: The main objective of the initiative is to develop the ULBs in the state. With the implementation of Smart Cities’ development and the competitive nature among the state for the same has made them take such decision.
- Roads Repair: Khattar stated that the roads which are damaged due to several reasons in 163 sectors in Haryana must be repaired as soon as before the coming monsoon season.
- E-tender for Hoardings: Khattar has directed that an online system will be started soon for the hoardings in several areas of the state. There will be e-tender for the vendors who will install the hoardings in cities.
Revised Financial Limits
- Wages: Wages of the contractual labours who work in sanitation construction will be able to get Rs. 11, 500/- now. Earlier times it was Rs. 8,100/- per work.
- Commissioner: The Commissioner of Municipal Corporation will have the power to permit developmental works that cost Rs. 1 Cr instead of earlier times when he could approve only Rs. 50 Lac projects.
- Municipal Corporation: Next, the projects that were cost Rs. 1 Cr earlier, the Municipal Corporation now will be able to approve such projects that cost up to Rs. 2.50 Cr.
- Director: Director of Municipal Corporation gets the power to permit projects up to Rs. 3 Cr above the Rs. 2.50 Cr. Earlier it was only Rs. 1 Cr.
- Others: Municipal Council would be able to approve projects up to Rs. 25 Lac instead of earlier times that allowed Rs. 10 Lac. On the other, Deputy Commissioner would be allowed to permit projects up to Rs. 1 Cr instead of Rs. 25 Lac.