Table of Contents
Income Tax Department Pay Scale Salary Matrix Allowance Perks Under 7th Pay Commission
Income tax department of India is the part of Indian Revenue Services under the central government of India. The main responsibility of the department is to collect the revenue funds, especially the direct ones, form the general citizens of the nation. Income Tax department is the largest revenue department in India. There are various posts under this department. It is obvious that different posts draw different salaries and allowances from the government. In this article I will briefly discuss about the basic pay scale of the IT officers.
Income Tax Department Pay Scale
Income Tax Department officers belong to 5 pay bands. The lowest pay band S1, the post is casual workers. Then Pay Band 1 consists of posts like cleaner, sepoy, havaldar, head havaldar, driver, lower division clerk and others. Pay band 2 is higher and the posts are senior tax assistant, Hindi translator, superintendent and inspectors. Pay band 3 and 4 consists of higher posts such as assistant director, deputy commissioner, and joint commissioner. The pay bands and the salaries are shown in following table:
|Pay Band||Designation||Pay Scale|
|S1||Casual workers||Rs. 4440 – Rs. 7440|
|PB1||Cleaner, Sepoy, Havaldar, Head Havaldar, Driver, Record Keeper, Lower Division Clerk, Mali||Rs. 5200 – Rs. 20200|
|PB2||Senior Tax Assistant, Hindi Translator, Inspector, Superintendant and such||Rs. 9300 – Rs. 34800/-|
|PB3||Assistant Director, Deputy Commissioner, Joint Commissioner||Rs. 15600 – Rs. 39100|
|PB4||Commissioner, Additional Commissioner, Chief Commissioner||Rs. 37400 – Rs. 67000|
Income Tax Department Grade Pay
There are 4 grades under Income Tax Department namely A, B, C and D. Except Principal Chief Commissioner all of the officers under the department fall under different grades. The Principal Chief Commissioner does not get any grade pay. His/her salary is fixed at Rs. 80, 000/-. The grade wise pay for different gradation is as follows:
|Grade||Pay Band||Grade Pay|
|A||PB3–PB4||Rs. 5400 – Rs. 10000|
|B||PB2–PB3||Rs. 4200 – Rs. 4800|
|C||PB1–PB2||Rs. 1800 – Rs. 4600|
|D||S1-PB1||Rs. 1300 – Rs. 1900|
Income Tax Department Post wise Salary
|Post||Pay Band||Pay Scale||Grade Pay|
|Casual worker||S1||4440 – 7440||1300|
|PB1||5200 – 20200||1800|
Lower Division Clerk
|PB1||5200 – 20200||1900|
|Sr. Gestener Operator
|PB1||5200 – 20200||2400|
|PB1||5200 – 20200||2800|
|Driver (SG)||PB1||5200 – 20200||4200|
|Sr. Tax Assistant
Hindi Translator (Sr. & Jr.)
|PB2||9300 – 34800||4200|
|Inspector||PB2||9300 – 34800||4600|
|PB2||9300 – 34800||4800|
Chief Accounts Officer
|PB3||15600 – 39100||5400|
|Deputy Commissioner||PB3||15600 – 39100||6600|
|Joint Commissioner||PB3||15600 – 39100||7600|
|Additional Commissioner||PB4||37400 – 67000||8700|
|Principal Chief Commissioner||80000 (Fixed)||Nil|
Income Tax Department Employee Allowances and Perks
Apart from the basic salary, an income tax officer gets different allowances and perks too. The basic allowances that an Income Tax officer gets are:
- House Rent Allowance to those who are not allotted the quarters to stay in. Dearness Allowances of 107% on the basic pay.
- Travel allowances, mobile bill, petrol or vehicle fuel allowances, pension gratuity, medical allowances and such are the other allowances given to the income tax officers.
- Some of the senior officers get red lighted car, bungalow, own security guards, electricity, mobile bills and so on.
Benefits Income Tax Departments under 7th Pay Commission
- As per the 7th CPC reports the overall basic pay scale of all the central government employee has been increased by 23.56%. The basic pay along with grade pay of some of the officers has increased by 2.57 times.
- DA has increased to 125% on basic pay. Along with DA, the rate of medical allowances for the pensioners has also raised for some of the officers under IT department.