The new Power Duty Waiver Portal has been set up by the Gujarat government at ceiced.gujarat.gov.in. Through this portal, candidates can apply online for the electricity duty exemption scheme. Complete guidelines of the scheme, list of documents to be submitted along with other details will be given on the portal, available for download. Different industrial units are allowed to sign up, so that they can easily login to the online portal and fill up the application form under the above-said scheme. Read the following part of the article to get a better idea about how to apply online through the portal launched.
|Name of the portal||new Power Duty Waiver Portal|
|Portal has been launched in||Gujarat|
|Portal has been launched by||Gujarat government|
|Target group of the Portal||Help people apply online for electricity duty exemption scheme|
|Date of Portal launch||22nd November 2019|
Features of the online portal launch
- Gujarat government has launched the online portal through which candidates can opt for easy approval of electricity duty waiving applications.
- It has been estimated that near about 3000 applications will be processed online by the experts who are given the charge to check the applications online.
- The clearance will take 24 hours instead of 6 months with 90 days review period as stated by the state government.
After successful implementation of the scheme, Gujarat will be the first state to introduce the scheme through means of online application.
How to apply online for the exemption scheme?
By following some simple procedures, one can apply for the exemption scheme in Gujarat.
- First, you have to visit the website of the scheme at ceiced.gujarat.gov.in.
- On the homepage, you have to click on the ‘CEICED E-services’ option that is on the right corner of the page. After this, click on the ‘apply’ option.
- Now, the ‘apply online’ page will show up. On this page, you have to click on the ‘register to sign up’ option that shall help to open the registration form required for the duty waiving scheme.
- In the application form that shows up, you have to enter correct details like first name, last name, mobile number, user name, password, date of birth, and other correct details.
- After entering the details, you have to click on the ‘register’ option that shall complete the procedure.
- After this, the candidates can click on the ‘login’ option that shall complete the online application procedure.
However, to check details of the certificate, the industrial units can click on the ‘search’ button to get hands-on the details of electricity duty exemption certificate.
Electricity duty exemption scheme is available for following industries
- Exemption of manufacturing industry in Gujarat
- New manufacturing unit for the first 5 years.
- Any new manufacturing unit in Gujarat state
- Electricity exemption duty for 5 years in Gujarat state for the industries
- To acquire electricity duty exemption from Electricity duty Gandhinagar, Liaison services will be given to the required units.