7th Pay Commission For Postman/ Mail Guard Grade Pay, Pay Scale, Salary, Allowance, Perks | Post Master Grade Pay, Pay Scale, Salary, Allowance, Perks
Indian Postal Service is one of the largest government organisations in India. There are a large number of employees who work under Indian Postal Service. One of the most prominent posts is Postman/Mail Guard and post master’s post. Here in this content you will get to know about the details of the pay scale of postman and post master who work under Indian Postal Service. Along with a basic pay they also receive some allowances and facilities form the government on monthly basis.
Table of Contents
Postman/Mail Guard, Post Master Pay Scale
- The postman or mail guard fall under the pay band – 1, the basic salary of a post master starts from Rs. 5200/- to Rs. 20, 200/- per month.
- An entry level postmaster draws monthly basic pay scale of Rs. 3200/- and it grows up to Rs. 4900/- per month on the basis of experience and skill.
- The TBOP postman gets pay scale starts from Rs. 4000/- to Rs. 6000/- per month.
- The BCR level postman receives basic pay scale of Rs. 4500/- that grows up to Rs. 7000/- per month.
The post master holds a higher rank than the post man or mail guard. The post master has couple of grades. Depending upon the grade the basic pay scale has been set for the post master. The Post Master grade – 2 falls under the pay band 2. The range of pay scale for PB-2 is Rs. 9300/- to Rs. 34, 800/- per month.
- The grade – 2 post master draws basic pay scale of Rs. 5000/- to Rs. 8000/- per month.
- The Grade – 1 post master falls under the pay band – 1 like the post man. But obvious they hold a higher rank than postman / mail guard. The basic pay scale of the post master grade – 1 starts from Rs. 4500/- to Rs. 7000/- per month.
Postman/Mail Guard, Post Master Grade Pay
Along with the basic pay scale, the post man and post masters receive Grade pay as well.
- The grade pay for the post man or mail guard is Rs. 2000/- per month for an entry level postman.
- For the TBOP level postman the grade pay is Rs. 2400/- per month.
- Finally for the BCR level postman or mail guard the grade pay they receive is Rs. 2800/- per month.
The grade for the post master is also different depending upon the different gradation.
- The grade – 1 post master gets the grade pay of Rs. 2800/- per month.
- The grade – 2 post masters get the grade pay of Rs. 4200/- per month.
Postman/Mail Guard, Post Master Salary
- The salary of a postmaster (entry) is Rs. 5200/- to Rs. 6900/- per month
- The salary of a postmaster (TBOP) is Rs. 6400/- to 8400/- per month
- The salary of a postmaster (BCR) is Rs. 7300/- to Rs. 9800/- per month.
- Post master of Grade – 1 gets salary of Rs. 7300/- to Rs. 9800/- per month
- Post master of Grade – 2 gets salary of Rs. 9200/- to 12, 200/- per month.
Postman/Mail Guard, Post Master Allowance
The basic allowances that a post man/ mail guard gets during his service are:
The basic allowance a post master receives along with their salary are as follows:
- Dearness allowance
- Housing Rent Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Pension after retirement
Postman/Mail Guard, Post Master Facility
Before 7th pay commission a postman was getting salary of minimum Rs. 5200/- that grows up to Rs. 9800/- per month plus the allowances. According to the recommendation of the 7th CPC, the salary under pay band – 1 will increase to Rs. 29, 730/- (average) on entry level.
For the postmaster grade – 1, they will also get a hike of salary and reach up to Rs. 29, 730/- as they fall under Pay Band – 1. Same for the Grade – 2 post masters. These figures are only projected salary.
Postman/Mail Guard, Post Master Pay Scale – Quick Review
|Post||Pay scale||Grade Pay|
Other Articles –
- High Court Lawyer/ Advocate,Supreme Court Lawyer/ Advocate, District / Civil Court Lawyer/ Advocate Grade Pay, Pay Scale Salary, Allowance Perks Under 7th Pay Commission
- High Court Judge, Supreme Court Judge, District / Civil Court Judge Grade Pay Pay Scale Salary Allowance Perks Under 7th Pay Commission