Table of Contents
Ration Money Allowance Eligibility Rules Tax In 7th Pay Commission
What is Ration Money Allowance?
Ration Money allowances is an amount of money that is paid to the personnel and officers working in defence forces. Ration money is being paid to all those personnel under Defence forces, Delhi police, CAPF, IB and others who are posted in Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
RMA is a special allowance that is given to those officers who don’t dine in the force mess. This specific sort of money is considered as the ration or meal allowances for the officers who are posted in hardship areas or mainly do not take dine in the official mess.
Here you read
- What Is Allowance 2017 in 7th Pay Commission
- Pay Scale And Salary In 7th Pay Commission In Central And State
Eligibility for Ration Money Allowances
- As said it is given to the officers under Defence Forces who are posted in Andaman and Nicobar Island. Also those who are not dining in the official defence mess.
- Hardship places where Defence force officers, CAPF, Delhi Police, A&N, and Indian Reserve Battalion Officers are posted or working will be eligible to get ration money allowances.
- No free ration will be provided to the officials who are eligible for ration Money Allowances. The ration money will be directly credited to their bank account on monthly basis.
- Non-gazetted officers as well as gazetted officers under diverse defence force will also be eligible for the allowances. The amount of allowances for the gazetted officer is lower than the non-gazetted officers.
- Ration Money Allowances will be paid when officers are on leave. 30 days full leave, 20 days half leave and if on casual leave, then only the allowances will be granted.
Here you can read
- Leave Encashment Rules Policy Calculation Formula Tax Exemption Under 7th Pay Commission
- LTA Leave Travel Concession Allowance Eligibility Tax Exemption Maximum Limit 7th Pay Commission
- Leave Rules For Central Govt Employee Under 7th Pay Commission
- Paternity Leave Policy
- 7th Pay Commission Suggests Extending Child Care Leaves to Single Male Parent
Ration Money Allowances Rules:
- If the government or ministry is failed to supply the ration food to the place where the officers are posted or the distance of ration shop to the residence / living area of the officer is more than 3.2 kms. Then officers can draw ration money.
- If the officers are travelling on duty or for any other official work, then instead of having food they can draw ration money allowances. Also if the officer is unable to take the facility of rationing due to disability or physical issues then he/she can draw ration money allowances.
Here you can read
- Armed Forces Livid at 7th CPC for Recommending Abolition of Percentage-based Disability Pension
- 7th Pay Commission Pension for Ex Servicemen
- Handicapped Allowance Eligibility Tax Benefits Under 7th Pay Commission
- Accident Allowance Eligibility for Industrial Railways Under 7th Pay Commission
Ration Money Allowances for CAPF Personnel | CPMF
For the Central Armed Police Forces, the non-gazetted officers draw Rs. 95.52/- per day per head as the ration money allowances. On the other, the gazetted officers draw Rs 79.93/- per day per head for the same. According to 7th CPC the rate of gazetted officer for the allowances was asked to raise for the CAPF and others. However it does not take place.
You can read
- State Police Service Pay Scale Salary Matrix Allowance Under 7th Pay Commission
- Traffic Hawaldar Salary Pay Scale Matrix Under 7th Pay Commission
- Constable Pay Scale Salary Allowance Matrix After 7th Pay Commission
Ration Money Allowance for Paramilitary Forces
The Ration Money Allowance for the paramilitary forces is Rs. 95/- per day per head. The amount was same before the revision of the allowances for defence forces in the year 2017. There is no increase in the rate of their allowances.
Compare to US paramilitary who are currently drawing $200 per month Indian soldiers are not getting even a half portion of food rationing money in India.
You can read
- 7th pay commission for paramilitary forces Pay scale Salary Allowance
- CRPF Pay Slip Pay Scale 7th Pay Commission
- CISF Pay Slip Pay Scale 7th Pay Commission
- BSF Pay Slip pay scale 7th pay commission
Ration Money Allowance Army Officers
Ra. 95.52/- per head per day is the ration money allowances granted for the Indian Army officers after the 7th CPC revision took place in 2017. The revised allowances will be applicable from 1st of July 2017. The ration money allowances will be credited to their bank accounts whoever will be unable to get free ration from their mess.
After the revised allowances under 7th CPC is finally announced by the cabinet, it is decided that no free ration of food will be distributed but RMA will be provided to all the eligible officers and personnel.
Here you can read
- Army Pay Scale Slip Pension General, Lieutenant general, Major general, Brigadier, Colonel, Lieutenant Colonel, Major, Captain, Lieutenant Under 7th Pay Commission
Ration Money Arrear
The Ration money allowances are decided and revised by the defence and home ministry of India. After 7th CPC the cabinet declared the final rates of the allowances. It is still the same as it was in earlier time. According to the cabinet ministry the Ration Money Arrears will be paid according to the new rule and eligibility and will be credited to the bank account of the personnel directly.
Here you can read
Ration Money Allowance in 7th CPC 2017
After 7th CPC final reports it is decided that the Ration Money Allowances will not be discontinued. Though the CAPF and the other personnel had recommended increasing the allowance for the gazetted officers but this didn’t take place.After 7th CPC there will not be any free ration to the officers who are eligible for Ration Money Allowances. The amount will be directly credited to the bank account of the officers.
Also the recommendation said that it must be exempted from the income tax slabs. However according to the 7th CPC new revised report the planning commission didn’t turn it down from the IT slabs. It is said by the authority that food allowances or money related to ration facility must not be added under the Income Tax slab.
- Tough Location Allowance Rules Policy Tax in 7CPC Plans
- Siachen Soldiers Salary Allowance In 7th Pay Commission