Table of Contents
Traffic Hawaldar Salary Pay Scale Matrix Under 7th Pay Commission
Traffic Hawaldars are the junior level police officers who work on the roads managing road traffics. The designation of Traffic Hawaldar is similar to Police Constables in any police station. The basic salary of a traffic hawaldar starts from Rs. 12,000/- on an average including the allowances and perks they get. Traffic Hawaldar falls in the pay band 1. At the entry level Hawaldar receives monthly salary of Rs. 5200/- basic with 3 increments during service. The highest salary under Pay Band 1 is Rs. 20, 200/- per month which is a basic salary. But no hawaldar gets this much high basic salary.
Traffic Hawaldar Salary – state wise
Traffic Hawaldar in different states get different salaries and grade pay. Some of the states have same salary structures whereas some offer different salary.
- Like in Maharashtra the salary starts from Rs. 5200/- excluding allowances at the entry level. They receive grade pay of Rs. 2000/- per month.
- The same figure shows in the state of Haryana as well. As a whole the total pay scale of a traffic hawaldar is Rs. 12, 000/- at the entry level including the grade pay of Rs. 2000/- per month.
- Traffic hawaldar in Gujarat gets the same pay of Rs. 5200/- per month at the entry level but the grade pay is less than the above two states. They receive Rs. 1800/- per month as the grade pay.
Traffic Hawaldar Salary after 7th Pay Commission
After 7th pay commission the grade pay has been removed from the pay bands. Now the officers in police department of any of the government organisation will not get any grade pay. The basic pay scale in all the level has increased by 23.56% from the earlier minimum pay scale. There are some other allowances that are removed whereas some have increased largely.
Traffic Hawaldar Allowances
- Dearness Allowances: 113% of the basic pay scale is provided to the hawaldars as the dearness allowances. Before 7th central pay commission DA was 100% of the pay scale.
- House rent allowances: it depends on the location or city the hawaldar is posted to. As for example in a metropolitan city the HRA is 30% and cities or locations which are unclassified provide HRA of 5% of the basic pay scale.
|50 Lac+||A – 1||30%|
|20 Lac to 50 Lac||A||15%|
|10 Lac to 20 Lac||B – 1||15%|
|5 Lac to 10 Lac||B – 2||15%|
|50, 000 to 5 Lac||C||7.5%|
|Less than 50, 000||Unclassified||5%|
- Pension: after retirement the hawaldar gets pension and other benefits like the other government officials.